Monday, July 13, 2009

farmers market


ben made the most delicious lunch for me on Friday.
he's an excellent cook.
the kind that can look into an empty fridge or cupboard and make a fantastic meal out of nothing.
(grilled portable sandwich with corn and brussel sprouts)
it was yummy
........
He also bought a bag full of fresh produce from the farmers market
everything was picture perfect and tasty.
the oyster mushrooms were bought from my friend Savannah,
who we recently started a fungi farm!
I would love to go visit it this summer....

8 comments:

Luke Kavajecz said...

Mmm, looks good. When do you want to meet the pup?

Maria Rose said...

Those oyster mushrooms look great! They are sooo expensive in this part of the country.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

The oyster mushrooms are so beautiful they look fake! That sounds like a perfect meal to me..pretty much all veggie. Can Ben come over or does he hire out?

Jodi said...

i am loving corn at the moment. with butter of course. i admire those cooks that can make a great meal from an almost empty cupboard.

kadler said...

Funghi farm? Wow, very neat.

I miss farmers markets so much!

Nicole Marie said...

oh my gosh that corn looks amaziiinggg!!

Clarity said...

That looks scrumptious! My kind of food, pity there are no farmer's markets in my town, I love to cook with organic produce.

I've just posted some "funnah" clips on my blog, what I haven't let on there is I may be slated to produce one of the progs. next year- daunting and not sure if it's me, alas, it's work.

Holly said...

oh i wanna go mushroom hunting!