Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Cat's Eye.


The other day Ben and I were talking about the first scary movie we had ever seen and how it will stick with us for the rest of our lives, because as a kid you remember those moments when your too frightened to even breath. Mine was Stephen Kings "Cat's Eye". The movie consists of three 30-min short films that are linked together by a stray cat. The first two films aren't scary at all. They are more like Twilight Zone weird, but the last film is what did me in as a child. It's pretty much a child's worst nightmare. It's about a little troll that lives in a little girl's (Drew Barrymore) room that comes out at night to kill her. Her only true hope of surviving? Her new cat that finally found her after making an appearance in the first two films. If you have netflix I suggest watching it for kicks. What was your first scary movie?

9 comments:

me melodia said...

Omg i've seen it! It was long lasting in my tiny brain. Thanks for jogging my memory.

Ps
re: your other comment, I think Hello Lindello shld be a childrens book title. It's so cute & catchy.

littlebyrd said...

I think it was called "when a stranger calls" (?) it is about a girl baysitting and she keeps getting these phone calls that say "have you checked the children" and when she finally calls the police they trace the call and it is coming from inside the house. SO SCARY! I loved it! What a great topic. I totally want to see the cat one now.

Anonymous said...

My first scary movie was Arachnophobia. It may officially be considered scary but it sure scared the daylights out of me! I remember not sleeping at all that night. I feared that spiders would come and give me the bite of death!

Michele said...

My cousins made me watch 'Mr. Boogedy' when I was seven, and it scarred me for life. I just watched clips on youtube, and it is so lame I'm embarrassed. OH, and I thought 'Critters' was terrifying, too.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

The first scary movie I remember was Carrie. Our mom didn't let us watch scary movies, but my sister and I caught it on cable one night, after our parents had gone to bed. The ending scared the bejeezus out of us.

c.hasty said...

Ernest Goes to Camp

Hello Lindello said...

me melodia- thanks! maybe i'll write a kids book someday :)

Laura- Arachnophobia was up on my list too. I was horrified for months after watching that movie!

Carrie was really freaky too. I'll have to check out these other movies you guys mentioned.

Lauren said...

i think my first scary movie was the mothman prophecies. i was clinging to my friend the whole time.

Eric said...

I have this movie! It is a great one!