Monday, August 23, 2010

cabin + life

These pictures are actually from the previous weekend. I'm a little bummed because I just realized I deleted a lot of the pictures on accident from my camera so these are what's left. Ben and I spent two nights at his moms cabin in Grand Rapids for our wedding anniversary. It's on a large lake so lots of swimming, sunbathing and eating our favorite foods were involved. My favorite snack is Danish Blue Cheese and Prima Donna Aged Gouda. It's the best thing in world to have whilst laying on a dock. On our real wedding night, Ben and I were given the picnic basket above filled with goodies from Ben's mom. This year I filled it to the brim with all of Ben's favorite treats and surprised him with it.

Wait till you see what Ben gave me! It's a giant handmade wood ship that we're going to work on together and fix up. Some of the boards on the side are broken off and I would like to put better sails on, but it's gorgeous and will look really neat in the house. Once I get pictures I'll show you! It was also pretty cool because the card a gave him had a picture of a ship on it. Coincidence? I think not.

7 comments:

Megan said...

awwwwwwww, I love that you two are so in love! that sounds super corny, but you get where I'm going...and that sounds like the perfect wedding anniversary...I reeeeeally want to go to a cabin and just recollect myself, sometime in the near future...

and now, another important subject: photos of your new haircut??????!

Unknown said...

cheese and a chocolate lab... two of my favorite things!!! looks like you had fun.

Maria Rose said...

Happy anniversary! Being married is awesome!

Park Street said...

I'm sorry you deleted your pictures. I feel your pain. I took 36 can't-wait-to-see-how-these-turn-out photos on my Pentax that turned out to have no film inside of it. I'm a total dork.

Love you picnic basket. Too adorable. :)

BrigittaR said...

Happy anniversary!

Lindsay said...

OH MAN! What a lovely trip!

I want to see the boat! I want to see the boat!

And, A NEW HAIRCUT??? Must. See.

Lexie said...

wow! the gift from your husband sounds just like something my boyfriend would give me (in the future) ... he always gives unusual gifts for anniversaries!

the photos you shared are just lovely.