Tuesday, December 28, 2010

around

Hello! I am still around. Christmas was pretty chill around here. Not that I minded at all. Ben was feeling pretty lousy so we ended up staying in town. We ended up grilling French Lamp chops with fingerling potatoes, drinking hot toddies, and opening gifts Christmas night. It was nice having it be just us two.
.....................
I received some very nice gifts from Ben: Short Ilse Jacobsen boots (!), A moon in my room, a necklace made from horse hair (thanks to Shana), a new pillow, and a Learn To Speak French kit (which I plan on listening to when I drive to and from work).
.....................
The sun has been coming out these last few days and I couldn't resist taking some photos of the house in the nice light. One is of a new lamp I recently purchased at an antique shop. I love the green enamel on it.
There's so much I still want to change and re-do around the house. I am trying not become overwhelmed by it all. I still need to finish Ben's drawing room and now I want to change up the living room. My plan is to take my time and thrift for most of it. Change it slowly as long as my patience doesn't run out. Crossing fingers.
I hope you all had an amazing Christmas and I look forward to catching up on your comments and blogs this weekend. Sorry I have been so hit and miss.
...........................
Oh- the second picture is from 1914. It's a handmade frame filled with different varieties of seeds. On the back are all the names with a signature and date. It looks really good against a window with the light coming through. I found it for $2 at an estate sale.

5 comments:

Maria Rose said...

Great photos! I love the seeds, what a cool idea!

Lexie said...

as soon as i saw that lamp in my flickr stream, i went straight over to etsy and did a search for mid century lamps ... it's a great find!

Tiffany said...

you have such an adorable abode K! I'm loving all your estate sale finds!!
Sounds like a nice christmas.
:)

Julia said...

The light is beautiful! I love that shot, by the way! I'm so glad you guys were able to enjoy your low key holiday. Sorry Ben was feeling so crummy. Hope he's on the mend. Sending love to you guys up there on the lake!

Park Street said...

That bread looks so good! Is it the no-knead recipe? I'm been pushing myself to give bread-making a try lately. Especially after finding out that you can bake bread in a crock pot(!).