Wednesday, January 19, 2011

fashion slump

This Closet Visit made me realize three things:

1.) I can't believe I haven't broke down and bought a pair of Rachel Comey booties (I think this is going to change soon)

2.) I need to be more adventurous with my lipstick.

3.) I am in a fashion slump. I am beyond bored with my wardrobe.

Let me elaborate on #3 more.....

I think it's probably just the winter blues since this usually happens every year around this time. I've heard a million times that quality is more than quantity and it's finally hitting me. I need to stop spending money on trendy impulses and start investing in timeless pieces (like the blouse below). Lately I have been really loving simple designs embellished with a bright lipstick or eye catching jewelry. With this in mind, I plan on sprucing up my jewelry collection and investing in some new makeup shades to help me switch things up when I'm getting bored with my wardrobe. Shoes couldn't hurt either.

Here are some things I have been eyeing on the web:

Cacharel Twill Blouse (I imagine with my Turquoise Vamoose necklace)

Shoes with color

A simple yet interesting skirt to pair with tank in the summer.

Nars heat wave. Me and everybody else who saw the above Closet Visit.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

I totally feel ya on the Rachel Comey booties.

Lindsay said...

I second, third, fourth, etc you on the Rachel Comey booties! Such a good shoe.

Are you into the Dieppa Restrepo oxfords at all? I finally got a pair a few months ago, and I'm TOTALLY addicted. I, then, found a pair of their boots on super-sale, and, all of the sudden, I've got two pairs of the most luxurious shoes on the planet. They go with everything, they're super beautiful, AND they're comfy. The Lady Bootie is, it goes without saying, gorrrrgeous, too!

AND, I love Sue Tsai's hair!! Long, grown-out highlights are just NOT a look I can pull off. :/

Vanessa said...

God, I am just soooo bored with my clothes! Sometimes I wish I could just replace it all with brand new stuff... Alas, there's that pesky money thing. Drats.

Lexie said...

I don't know if I'll ever be able to justify spending a lot of money on clothes/shoes because of the way I was raised ... but I am trying! to steer more in the "investment pieces" mentality.

However, lipstick is one relatively inexpensive way to accessorize. I'm definitely on board.

amanda said...

ah, winter fashion slumps...it happens! i think the rachel comey booties will fix that slump!

also, um...that chair in that photo is kind of seriously awesome.

Deb said...

I like the heat wave! It's so bright and pretty!

Maria Rose said...

I do this every winter too!

Julia said...

You would look incredible in that blouse. I know what you mean about quality over quantity. I seem to save and save and then buy one or two things that LAST. And then fill in the gaps with Target till next year when it falls apart... hmm.