Monday, September 12, 2011

a birthday and a wedding











I turned 28 on Saturday and to celebrate, Ben took me kayaking on the Brule River in Wisconsin. It was one of the most beautiful days this year! Sunny, 75, no humidity - perfect. We couldn't lollygag too much, because our good friends, Andy & Sharon, were getting married this same afternoon. The wedding was so sweet. Lots of friends were in town that we hadn't seen in years, and Andy & Sharon really outdid themselves with the tasty food, ever flowing beer (Andy use to be a be micro brewery and they were serving his special recipe), and the handmade decor. Sharon's dress was definitely a highlight too. Can you believe how beautiful it is? 

The weekend was completed with a lovely dinner with girlfriends who all pitched in and bought me these!!! (They also informed me that they had first bought me the Penpal boots, but I beat them to the punch. Seriously!?) How lucky am I to have such amazing friends? Pretty damn lucky. I am so so so so thankful. Thank you Molly, April, Leslie, Kelly, Mo, Sharon, Laura, Erin & Grace. xxxxo

3 comments:

Lexie said...

what a great group of friends! i always love the pictures on your blog.. you always look like your having so much fun!

Amy said...

Happy belated birthday! Do you live in Wisconsin? I'm in Milwaukee. That wedding looks like so much fun and the bride's dress is AMAZING!

Lindsay said...

Happy SUPER LATE birthday! You are so cute! That pink!

And that wedding dress! Holy cow!

AND, I f.ing LOVE those yellow puff-ball flowers!