Saturday, December 31, 2011

Happy New Year! I'm Pregnant.


I really contemplated how and when to tell you all. I took pictures of me looking pregnant, I scanned our Christmas card which declares the news, and I thought of clever lines hinting that there was another life growing inside my belly. FINALLY - I decided I'm just going to tell you straight up and use this picture I have saved on my desktop for months. I don't remember where it came from, but every time I look at it brings me so much happiness. It embodies what I hope for in a child and what kind of parent I hope to be. 
.............
Deets:

I am due in May
I do not know the sex (yet)
I am having the baby at home with a midwife
I have a million girl names picked out, but very few boy names 
I haven not started on the nursery, but know EXACTLY what it will look like
I'm pretty pumped.

18 comments:

Park Street said...

Ahhhh! Congratulations. Bet you it's a girl. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. You should start a side blog about the pregnancy so the rest of us can get your point of view on what to expect. I secretly love reading pregnancy blogs.

Tiffany said...

Congrats!!

joyce said...

congratulations! such exciting and happy news.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations to you and your hubby! This is such exciting news!

Mandi said...

Congratulations!!! Once baby gets here you will never know what you did without him/her. Life will be busier and more chaotic but so much more beautiful! It sounds silly but seeing my son (16 months now) each morning feels life falling in love all over again. I am excited for you :D

Belinda said...

Oh wow. Congratulations! And happy new year!

natasha said...

congratulations!!!!!! what wonderful news to bring in the new year. bonus: your child will be born in the year of the dragon, otherwise known as the best and most auspicious of all the zodiac signs! : )

Kate said...

Congrats, Kate! So exciting.

Holly said...

congrats!!!! what wonderful news.

stephanie renee said...

congratulations kate, what exciting news!

Hello Lindello said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments! Ben and I are so excited (and nervous!). I look forward to sharing our journey with you.

Chelsea said...

congratulations kate!!!!!!!! :) how exciting!

Lexie said...

wow! congratulations! this picture made me smile really big.

jamie said...

yeah!

Jodi said...

Oh Kate, such wonderful news! I hope the journey is a safe and joyous one. So exciting x

blake said...

I just found your lovely blog so please pardon the tardy congrats--so exciting!! Just had to pop in and say that photo made my day. So, so good.

from lara said...

congratulations!! what a wonderful way to start 2012 :)

City Chic Country Mouse said...

OMG, I haven't kept up on my blog reading, congrats to you! I have to go back and read all your clothing posts now :) I'm so excited for you both!