Thursday, December 6, 2012

I'm blogging about toys



Before I had my own children the conversation of toys would occasionally come up and without fail I would say, "My children are NOT going to play with all that plastic crap". In my head I envisioned lots of cool wood toys and handmade stuffed animals. Now that we have a little one of our own and she's at the age where she can be distracted with toys I'm starting to think of what to buy Helen. I absolutely love wood toys and I definitely get why parents buy them. Helen even has some, but they seem a little drab, no? I started thinking about when I was kid and what I played with and immediately thought of the Happy Apple, remember this thing?! It got me searching on Etsy for vintage toys and I came across this Fisher Price A Frame from the 70s. Seriously. Cool. 

Now this is what I'm talking about. I realize it's not BPA free, but I fall in the category between crunchy and mainstream so my conscience is clear. This one is quite spendy, but there are affordable options if you're cool with no furniture and carpet stains. I also should add that Fisher Price made some pretty interesting toys back in the day - surf trucks, crabby red headed children, and even deep sea divers
............
I am looking forward to when Helen is at an age where she can create her own toys and we can start using more of an imagination  This new toy company based in Minneapolis is pretty sweet. Endless possibilities with this thing.

2 comments:

joyce said...

I love that A-frame play house. It's so retro adorable. Fond memories of the PlaySkool barn/farm set as well.

Anne said...

My grandma had this A-Frame and we'd always play with it when at her house. :)