Thursday, January 17, 2013

gypsy




this word has been popping up a lot lately. a couple weeks ago i bought tickets to see fleetwood mac in april (cannot wait!) and have been playing the song "gypsy" on repeat in my head ever since. i also discovered the show my big fat gypsy wedding and although i try hopelessly to avoid watching junk, it's really hard for me to turn the channel once i see those 15 year olds head to the alter covered in mechanical butterflies. 

most recently, i discovered gypsy water. i have never been a perfume wearer. i tend to get sick of scents pretty quick, but i have always liked the notion of having a signature scent. its just too good, really. i spent the first week just smelling myself. literally. i would wake up in the middle of night to nurse helen and i would start smelling my wrist. it was a like a newly discovered reflex. i also asked ben about 5 times a day "can you smell it on me?" as a shoved my neck into his face. if you live in the duluth area, feel free to come by for a sniff.

on the topic of beauty - i have been a little on the indulgent side. i decided i wanted to start 2013 with a new skin regime. it all started when i got a clarisonic for christmas. right now i think i am in the "purging phase" as my face has broken out more than ever, so right now i cannot fully review it. from what i've read i should see "amazing results" in a couple weeks. keep you posted. anyway - the clarisonic combined with a trip to barneys and sephora has completed my new year beauty routine. it has also left me, and i quote my father here, "brokeass mountain."

5 comments:

roberta jane said...

now i am so curious what this smells like. also, rodin - please let me know how it works!

poisonwood said...

Where did you buy this perfume? It sounds like it smells awesome and not overly flowery and strong, which is a good thing for me!

Hello Lindello said...

Roberta - I'm not good at describing smells so I won't even try, but it's worth checking out! So far, I really like the Rodin oil. I wasn't in love with the scent of it, but now I am. My skin feels really soft lately but I'm not sure if its the oil or the clarisonic or both...keep you posted!

Poisonwood: I bought it at Barneys. Let me know if you like it!

Anonymous said...

I follow you on IG and love your blog,especially this great and funny post! My skin broke out the first two weeks when I started the Clarasonic but I LOVE it now two years later !

Hello Lindello said...

Dani - I am happy to hear you love it!