This is going to be the most random post, but since I am always short for time these days I thought I would just throw all my thoughts/discoveries/tips at you at once!
first: i have discovered the BEST cheap lipstick. it all started when i really wanted tom ford's aphrodisiac lipstick, but spending that much on lipstick i couldnt even try in person (i live in duluth, remember) had me seek out cheaper options. i stumbled upon revlons colorstay ultimate suede lipstick in MUSE and fell in love. i think it's pretty close to aphrodisiac, but i guess i cant say for sure. all i know is that its my go to color for summer. the reviews said it was pretty drying, but i havent had an issue. i was so impressed with the color and how long it stayed (SERIOUS staying power) that i bought a few more when they were on sale at ulta. I bought the colors: high heels (pictured), preview, and socialite. love them all, but still like Muse the best.
second: i have always ran to stay in shape, but never could get myself to tone up using weights or mat exercises. i'm also not a the biggest loser watcher and don't really get into trendy workouts, but when i heard jillian michael's 30-day shred was only 20 minutes long and talked to a few people who loved it i decided to drop the $14 and get it and actually DO IT. I did it with a friend which i think helped, but basically its a 20 minute workout you do everyday for 30 days which consists of 3 minutes of weights, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of ab work that you repeat 3 times. you work way up through 3 different levels allowing you to see your progress. i am sold. i didnt really do it to lose weight, but ended up losing 7 lbs and am so much more toned and stronger! when i started i had to do all the push-ups on my knees, but by level 3 i was doing the walking push-ups on my hands! now that its summer we'll see where i go from here, but i plan on spending more time outside walking, hiking, and running, but i think i'm going try her second video ripped in 30 too. its only 20 minutes so its hard to come up with an excuse not to do it.
third: ever since a friend sent me the book, Momma Zen, Walking the Crooked Path to Motherhood (highly recommended btw!) I am interested in learning more about zen mediation and practice. Ben and I listed to this NPR program last night and it really hit home. Check it out. I think you will like what you hear. Let me know what you think if you listen to it!
well, helen is napping now so i am going to shred it! ha
1 comment:
wow amazing color for the ladies but if you want to see the latest hairstyles then visit us
https://www.mrkidshaircuts.com/kids-hairstyles-braids/
Post a Comment