



I went to the lovely Oahu and Maui Islands of Hawaii this month. What a trip! It has always been a goal of mine to see a whale. A REAL LIVE WHALE, not the creepy fake dying looking one in a semi trailer at the Minnesota Fair. Anyways, on this trip I was fortunate to finally see one. It's funny how something so anticipated in your life can just all of sudden happen. I didn't fall to my knees and start sobbing happy tears, but I was struck by something I'll never really be able to explain. So i'll just leave it at that.
Even though Duluth is about to get a full on blizzard, I am very much looking forward to summer in Duluth. With Ben's business now run out of our house and his brother Danny back to help, we will have a lot more opportunities to get out and do some fun stuff. Were planning lots of BWCAW trips, renting a cabin with some friends, a possible trip around Lake Superior, working on our gardens, visiting friends, sailing, and laying on the beach. In addition, I am hoping to concentrate on designing more and teaching myself more sewing skills.
No comments:
Post a Comment