Thursday, January 22, 2009

Back to Life. Back to Reality.


I'm baaaaaack. Our trip was fabulous! We had so much fun, but its good to be back home. Its funny how time away from home makes you appreciate where you live. I've traveled to a lot of beautiful places, but in the end, I'm always ready to go back to Duluth. That being said, Ben and I loved Sedona! How could you not? The red rocks, artsy community, great hikes, good food...Our trip started off to a rough start because our flight to Minneapolis was cancelled due to it being -20 with -50 windchill! We ended up driving down to catch our flight, but it just made us appreciate the warm weather we we're heading to even more.

We stayed at a very nice spa resort in Sedona with a great outdoor pool & view. We lucked out, and had high 70's to low 80 degree weather the whole trip! We spent most of our time hiking around, eating (lots!), & relaxing at the pool. One of the most exciting things we did was take a ride on a bi-plane! It was old school, made of wood & cloth, and it was one of the scariest things I've ever done. It was just Ben, me, and the pilot. The view was amazing & I managed to snap some pictures and even record our landing which I'll post right after this. After Sedona, we hopped back in the car & drove to Phoenix for the race and spent a few days with his cousin Jeff. More pictures to come....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

can't wait to see more pictures!