The Storque posted these yesterday and I can't get over how cool they are. Artist Hendrik Kersten's interpretations of classic paintings like Girl with the Pearl Earring. Man, people can be so creative!
I leave this Sunday for NYC, so this will most likely be my last post until I get back next week. I'm a little nervous to see what the airport is like because people keep telling me there are a lot of folks wearing masks! Creepy right? I dunno, I think this whole Swine Flu thing is unfortunate, but not like the apocalypse is occurring. Check out this video from the 70's that Ben showed me which I think sums it up pretty well....People LOVE to hit the PB (panic button)!



5 comments:
Wow yeah, those are fantastic! Really different. Don't worry about NYC, I just returned and saw no masks! But then, that was when this fiasco was just hitting. Maybe just hold your breath?
The regular flu killed 800 people in the U.S. last week, so I'm not quite sure what makes this swine flu more of a pandemic than that.
Have a great trip girlie, don't let anyone cough on you, and I can't wait to see pictures when you return!
so creative indeed!
Good luck in NYC. Don't worry about the old swine flu (or as my students think it is called - the swan flu).
I think this entire hysteria about the flu is just the WHO's way of covering their ass if something huge did happen. Cottage cheese is correct, the mortality of the H1N1 virus is not abnormal compared to the average yearly flu.
Aside from that, have LOTS of fun in NYC! I'm expecting lots of runway pics and finds!
Those photographs are insanely ingenious!
Oh I hope you're having a truly incredible time out there right now! I'm anxious to hear how everything went :) These pieces of artwork are incredible!
Post a Comment