Happy Memorial Day! A HUGE thanks to all the men and women who have served! I took full advantage of the weekends nice weather and stayed outside pretty much the whole time. Mr.Lindello and I went fishing a couple times, and caught some small trout in Chester Bowl! We stuffed them with lemon and dill and baked them (thanks Nodin). They were so yummy! We also spent time with friends, dug out our vegetable garden, hiked, made homemade pizzas, and went looking for edible plants.
{Woot Woot! I caught a little trout}
{Aren't they beautiful?}
{Hunting for fiddleheads}
{Found Some! Geeking out with my edible foods book}
{Fiddleheads sauteed in butter with S&P. So delicious!}
{Woot Woot! I caught a little trout}
{Aren't they beautiful?}
{Hunting for fiddleheads}
{Found Some! Geeking out with my edible foods book}
{Fiddleheads sauteed in butter with S&P. So delicious!}are one of my favorite foods, but are tricky to find. This one belongs to our friends Dad and Mo who helped us hunt for ferns}
FYI: The pictures were taken with Ben's phone. That's why they are little fuzzy
Today's the last day of our long weekend and its cloudy. This might be a good thing
since I have a lot to catch up on like cleaning, and working
on the shop. I have a million photo's to take! I think tonight Ben and I are going
to make a fiddlehead fern pizza with goat cheese...mmmmm....
I hope you all had a great weekend!

5 comments:
I have never had fiddlehead ferns. My husband was peeking over my shoulder as I was reading and immediately said WOW...fiddlehead ferns! Her grew up in NY with them. I would kill for a pizza like that...especially the goat cheese...sounds yummy!! Stuffing the trout would do just fine too.
What a lovely weekend! It really sounds just perfect. Trout is my favorite fish, and now you have me craving it! Fiddleheads don't grow much in my neck of the woods (mostly in the Appalachians on on the Cumberland Plateau - I'm in a valley), but I'd love to try them some time.
what a great mem weekend! a foodie weekend, that is my idea of a great holiday!
i spent mine taking photographs and playing lawn bowling at a local park.
Oh my gosh, look at that morel? Where in the world did you find them?
I remember working at the Outdoor Program at up UMD (was one of three graphic designers for a year--three opinionated designers in one little office is hardly a healthy working environment)--anyways, one of the posters I had to do was on an event for cooking with fiddle-heads! This reminded me of that poster! They sound yummy!
Looks like an amazing weekend!
"Fiddleheads sauteed in butter" !!!
I'm impressed!!
Post a Comment