My brain is fried. I'm so glad this week is pretty much over. Jury Duty was very interesting, but the trial took its toll. The trial itself only lasted 2 days, but you we're petty much stuck in a room with 7 people 9 hours a day discussing whether person A was lying or person B. It was a domestic abuse case, which also made it hard. Seeing pictures of a beat up woman and hearing play by play events on how those bruises got there was not easy. It was truly eye opening and I am SO grateful for the men in my life. Not everything is black and white in life, so just when I thought my mind was made up in the case you heard something new that completely changed it. I was also lucky enough to be with some wonderful jurors. Everyone seemed pretty level headed and came from all walks of life. I believe we made the right decision. It ended up being a guilty verdict, and even though I believe it to be true, I was quite nervous and scared to face a man I've never known and decide his fate. I'm soooooo glad its over! I still have another week of jury duty, but I'm crossing my fingers I won't be called back in since I already served on trial. I will be one big cranky pants next week if I do, so watch out :)
I have now found myself working 3 jobs. I'm not really sure how this happened. All I know is that I was leisurely working for Mr. Lindello's business, doing my shop, and accepting a job as a clothing buyer. I am finding myself working the moment I awake to 7pm at night. Although it is fun, and find myself working my dream job, I need to remember to make time for me and Mr. Lindello. Its easy to get caught up in work, especially if you love what you do.
The boutique is coming along, but the opening date has been pushed back again. Construction is pretty much finished, so its a matter of getting everything set up now. I have a trade show coming up next week that I'll be attending to pick out our fall and holiday lines which will be exciting. Andrea also informed me that I will be getting my very own business card soon too! Sweet! Once the boutique is open I'll try posting pictures of it.
Ben and I will also be celebrating being together for 9 years next Friday! Isn't that just crazy!? It isn't our wedding anniversary, but I like to think that this date is more meaningful. I'm so thankful he's been in my life for so long.
3 comments:
ooo how exciting, buying fall lines! ooo that sounds so glam!
:)
9 years of knowing your special someone, congrats!
Poor Kates, that trial sounds like a difficult one to sit through (both tedious and emotional). I hope that you don't have to serve again next week! I know what you mean about working several jobs - it's tough! My poor fiance is so bored much of the time while I'm working on the Etsy business, but I've been better about setting aside time for us lately. Hooray for 9 years with Ben! I've known my fiance for over half of my life, and we've been together for about 9 years too.
kate
this is hannah, i came across your stuff on Etsy by accident last week and it was a total surprise! ;) , i see that you are mentioning that you are opening up a boutique in d-town..
HOW exciting!! Where is it going to be? i would love to stop in when i am next there..
give me details!
~hannah
Post a Comment