Monday, June 22, 2009

fathers day...

I meant to post about this yesterday, but I was swept away by chaos and family. Anyways, yesterday was Fathers Day and I must say I have one of the coolest dads a girl could ask for. My dad is a unique character. He's a typical sports fanatic who is also super sensitive, caring, a power shopper (no joke, this man shops more than I do), and is the most generous human being I know. Even though I lived almost 3 hours away from him he never missed a weekend to be with my brother and I. He would drive all the way up to Duluth just to watch a basketball game of mine and drive back home right after. That's 6 hours of driving just to watch me in a stinky high school gym for 2 hours. To this day we have remained close and I always look forward to our weekly conversations. We usually catch up on things like The Bachelorette (he's addicted, you should have seen him when Jason denied Deanna...), recent purchases, and life in general. I'm so thankful for having such a wonderful father. Thanks for being so awesome dad!

5 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

What a handsome Dad...he reminds me of Collin Firth! It is so great that you have such a warm and loving relationship...cherish it always and I know you do!

Julia said...

How wonderful :) I can't believe he would drive all that way for the basketball games, how cool!

Nicole Marie said...

awww. daddys are so awesome!

me melodia said...

Aw!
What a sweet and handsom dad. <3

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Aw, your Dad sounds like the greatest guy! And so handsome! You look so much like him...