Wednesday, June 17, 2009

run like the wind



This weekend is Grandma's Marathon in Duluth! I have run this race many times, but I'm just watching this year. Ben is running the full, and we have lots of family & friends running the full and half. This is one of my favorite weekends of the summer. There is always a lot of good energy floating around and its so fun to watch thousands of people run by. The course itself is nice and flat and is right by Lake Superior the whole route. If I were running Saturday I would have 'Chariots of Fire' playing while I got ready. Maybe I'll play it for Ben when he gets up at 4 am to catch the marathon bus....

Our house will be full this weekend and my 11 year old niece Lauren (Lolo), Ben's cousin, and his two friends will be staying here with us. I called Lauren from the grocery store to see what kinds of foods I should pick for her.

Me: Hey Lo, I'm at the store. What do you like to eat?
Lolo: Uhhh, Pizza, chips, cookies...
Me:Hmm OK, what about for like lunch and dinner?
Lolo: Mac n Cheese
Me: Alright...so you eat pretty healthy huh?
Lolo: huh?
Me: Do you drink soy milk?
Lolo: What? Gross!

My goal is to try to introduce her to things called vegetables this weekend...

6 comments:

~ ennui ~ said...

Good luck!!
I have one of those at home....it's not easy :)
Sounds like a wonderful time. Have fun!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Good luck with that one! Veggies just never seem to exist in an 11 year olds vocabulary! Sounds like a fun filled energy packed weekend!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

You and Ben (and your whole family) run marathons? I am in awe. Good luck introducing Lolo to veggies! Perhaps she will at least try a vegetarian pizza?

Julia said...

Oh my gosh, I got all excited watching that clip! GO BEN!! Remember to shout that for me when you see him run this weekend :) And good luck with the introduction of veggies :) GO VEGGIES!!!

Tiffany said...

hhahaha
veggies, whats that?!

Anonymous said...

Just reading the word marathon makes my legs ache. lol. "Chariots of Fire" really is an outstanding film