Tuesday, August 4, 2009

{I love this idea! If I only I had more wall space in my kitchen....Elisabeth Dunker from Studio Violet has one the cutest homes I've seen. Check out more here.}
............

Speaking of home. This summer I have not done a lot of work on ours.
We're in the process of fixing our front porch (sanding, painting, leveling) and this winter we plan on tackling our depressing basement where we spend a lot of time as Ben's office and my packaging room is down there. I would also like to get our dining room decorated more, and think about wallpapering a wall or two...That's one nice thing about Duluth's winters. You have plenty of time to spend indoors working on your house!

I can't believe its August already! This month is going to be crazy busy for us. We have 2 cabins to visit, a trip to the BWCA planned, our 4 year wedding anniversary, off to Vegas for a clothing show, and a day after that I fly to Hawaii for 8 days.... So basically, starting next week I'll be gone A LOT. I can't complain too much though. Its all pretty fun stuff!

Before summer is completely over I do have a list I'm trying to check off:

1.) hike the split rock loop 2.) kayak the Brule River
3.) pack a picnic 4.) beat Ben in Bocce
5.) swim in the Lake 6.) go fishing 7.) canoe the north shore coastline

Do you have end-of-summer plans?

8 comments:

Maria Rose said...

I love the pot holder display. I see tons of cute ones at thrift stores and I've never thought of doing something like that.

My summer plans all revolve around preparing for a little baby girl who will be born at the beginning of fall

Rachel Follett said...

These is such an adorable look! Loving your list. I just did a hike yesterday that was on my list.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I am so in denial that summer is coming to a close. I can't believe I got up this morning and it was 45 degrees! Your August sounds busy and so inviting!

Anna said...

Love the potholders! Too cute.

knack said...

you are crazy amazing and your list is drool worthy....I have been getting the fever to go kayaking lately...never have gone before....but got an offer last week....hmmmmm


love, love, love the photo of all of the pot holders on the wall....so warm and inviting!

have a blast......xo

Tiffany said...

ooooo your end of summer list is varied and does sound fun!!
my end of summer list:
camping with mates and drinking more feijoa vodka!

Meghan Jane said...

you should add hangout with me on that list. maybe happy hour on the brewhouse patio?

About Molly... said...

Katie,

I'm up for the Split Rock Loop hike & and a swim in THE Lake, if you want to pencil me in! I bet Mr. Lukas Sheild would be up for it as well.

See you soon,

Moll