Wednesday, August 5, 2009

for the love of bugs

You have to admit this is a pretty rad idea. Bugs, especially beetles can be so beautiful.
I would definitely sport a bangle or two.
what do you think?
......
Looks like they re purchased through an insect dealer. I wonder if they come alive or dead?
(and yes, insect dealers DO exist. Our friend Nodin is a spider dealer! )
His basement might be your worst nightmare!

3 comments:

Maria Rose said...

My step grandfather had a scorpion encased in plastic. When I was a girl it used to terrify me.

Now as a vegan it's not really an option, but I agree that beetles have some amazing metallic colors.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

My favorite piece of Victorian jewelry is the scarab beetle...they are an iridescent green and blue like a peacock. They are real too and not fake. I find the pieces totally fascinating and no, I wouldn't like your friends basement one bit!

sarasophia said...

I don't think I like
your friend Nodin.


No, seriously.




:P