Its hard to believe I was on a tropical island just days ago. Kauai was definitely one of the most beautiful places I have ever visited. I've been to other islands of Hawaii- both O'ahu and Maui, but there was something magical about Kauai ( it is Puff the Magic Dragon's home base ya know?). Ben and I had so much fun just laying on the beach, eating at the locals favorite spots, surfing (Ben), drinking mai tai's (me), sailing, and people watching. It was a badly needed vacation (especially for him), and nothing feels better than spending time with the love of your life on an island. Lucky for us, we have a pretty good time together even with 20 inches of snow on the ground and frozen snot on our faces :)
{Ben ran a half marathon the third day we were there. He did quite well considering the first 8 miles were up huge hills!}
{The second day we were there, we took a 5 hour catamaran out along the Napali coast. This can only be seen by foot, water, or plane. It was absolutely gorgeous and breathtaking. We also snorkeled on this tour and had some close encounters with spinner dolphins!}
{We took advantage of all the fresh fish and tried many tasty things like fresh Ahi, fish tacos, garlic shrimp, sushi, mahi mahi, and bags of nori rice crackers.
{We bought some fresh ahi and grilled it up one night with some white and brown rice. It was one of the best meals we had while there}
{One of the gardens on the farm we stayed at}
{For three nights we stayed at North Country Farms. An organic fruit and vegetable farm that rents out a cottage right on the property. Its owned by the nicest family and we were encouraged to pick all the fruits and vegetables we wanted! I would love to come back and stay here again. The cottage was so charming and had a kitchen so we could prepare some of our own meals like the one above}
{We spent an afternoon visiting a botanical garden near our cottage. It was filled with Koi ponds, mazes!, and all sorts of trees and exotic plants. This orchid was growing right out of tree!}
I wish I had more pictures to share, but we didn't bring the camera along much. If you ever decide to go to Hawaii I highly recommend Kauai. Especially the north shore (around Hanalei) where its more rural and very lush.
10 comments:
how did you even find that place to stay? i always stay at cool places like that!
Ah, so jealous!
oh my word...so lovely! What a time you must have had!
thanks for sharing a little glimpse of this tropical paradise! xo
Hey Holly! Glad your back to blogging! We found the place in a book and then looked up reviews online to see how it was rated. If you ever venture to Kauai, I highly recommend it! I love staying at small different places too. Sure beats the big chain hotel experience!
Oh my goodness, I'm just giddy at all the things you guys were able to do and see and EAT! I'm so glad you went, it looked like a wonderful piece of heaven!
Welcome back girlie! Your trip sounds absolutely perfect. I would love to go to Kauai one day. Thank you so much for sharing your gorgeous pics!
Oh wow that catamaran tour with snorkeling sounds like its right up my alley!!!
az and i love snorkeling when we did it in mexico!
oh gosh, i want another vacation!!
Yum and cool! What a great trip round up, sounded like lots of fun :-)
You lucky, lucky girl! What a beautiful vacation. I've never been to Hawaii but would love to someday.
That looks astonishingly peaceful and beautiful, from the snorkle-friendly waters to the seafood to the farmhouse. Glad you two enjoyed the time away.
You know I love travel so am bookmarking kauai!
Post a Comment