
I celebrated my 26th birthday while I was in Hawaii. Although the day itself was one of the worst days of my life (long story, but a woman forgot she tied her dog to the back of her truck and took off dragging it to death. Ben and I witness the whole thing, but we're unable to stop her until it was too late....absolutely horrible. If you have a dog PLEASE don't ever tie it to your car. Apparently this happens a lot [Sorry for the complete downer....]) I did get a pretty awesome gift from my wonderful husband. A long time ago, maybe even a year or so ago I came across the line Mctega and fell in love. The line is designed by Sarah McLellan and Kristina Ortega who once interned for Rodarte. They combined their last names (just like Ben and I!) to form Mctega. A lot of their line is inspired by their science background and see jewelry making as an experiment. I bookmarked one of their necklaces under my favorites awhile ago and Ben must have found it because he bought me the most beautiful necklace from them (first picture) for my birthday. Its truly stunning. Made from chain and resin, its not too heavy and feels really comfortable on. I wore it with a pair of jeans, heels, and tank top last night to see a movie at our new independent theater. I've actually had a lot of fun photographing it as it picks up light really well. It feels and looks like a piece of art. Thanks Ben for the best gift ever!
photos found via
8 comments:
IT's beautiful and even more so knowing Ben took it upon himself to find it and order it for your special day!
what a gorgeous necklace! (and an awful story about the dog. when I lived in Hawaii, I remember seeing on the news a story about how someone honked and startled a horse in a truck on the highway- it jumped out, broke legs and eventually suffocated under its own weight. they kept updating the story up until the end, it took an hour or two. I can't imagine witnessing something like that first hand though! and on your birthday? hope it was nice otherwise!)
oh my goodness.
that is just so horrifying
poor doggy
These are absolutely stunning. Any idea where we can get them online?
Also, that story is awful. So sorry you had to witness it.
What a beautiful necklace--you have such a special guy, my dear :) And I'm so, so sorry about the dog, that would have been horrible! You'll have to make your way over to a friends house who have dogs and love one up--it'll help, I promise!
K-
Hey! I don't think they have an online store. Ben said he had to call them up and that theyre made to order. Glad you like it so much!
ok absoultely beaitful beautiful necklace...
but... wtf... that is so so so sad.
gasp.
true neckcandy.
Post a Comment