Monday, October 12, 2009

steger mukluks

I live in a northern Minnesota. It gets cold here. Really cold. We're kind of known for being cold. Anyway, before moccasins became a fashion accessory, Steger mukluks were and still are what most people buy up here if there looking to keep their toes warm. They are made using the Northern Cree Indian style and have durable, flexible, treaded rubber soles. They are also widely used in the Iditarod sled dog race and expeditions to both the South and North Pole. I haven't bought a pair myself, but I think this is the winter I'll give in and buy a pair. I have a lot of friends who swear by them. Not only are they comfortable, keep your feet extremely warm, but they come in many styles. I myself like these Terra Navajo ones. Us girls who spent this last weekend together agreed these would be pretty cute strutting around a blizzard in as well as venturing inside for a winter bevie. Because who doesn't want to look their best when its -40 out?

3 comments:

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

These are so cute! I want a pair of mukluks, but I wouldn't get much use out of them. We rarely have a day below 15 degrees (the low temp), and don't even get a good snowfall every year anymore. Darn climate change.

Holly said...

aw, id love to have a winter bevie with you in those boots!! i say getem

shanon said...

I wish I had a pair right now! I mean, seriously, it's October, and yesterday's snow is still outside. Wearing my rubber gardening clogs was so way to take out the recycling this morning. ; )