Tuesday, November 3, 2009

home.

{bedroom}
{bathroom}

Over the weekend I decided to re-arrange the house a bit. I love doing this because I get sick of things really easily. I started in the bedroom where I removed my homemade plant/bookstand (made out of old asparagus crates) and all the empty wood frames from the wall. I hung my biology chart on the wall in their place and decided to keep the space more open by putting just a chair and old fruit crate as a small side table. I like this new look much better. The room looks a lot bigger and has a little more color to it which I find cheerful. I also got around to hanging some art I had laying around and finally put up my ceramic skull in the bathroom. I think I want to get some more taxidermy to hang in the bathroom because who wouldn't want dead animal keeping watch over your bowel movements? Hehe.
.............

On another note: I am starting to feel sick (again). I woke up with a pounding headache and I am beginning to get that weird sensation you feel when getting ill....
...........
It's only been 2 days since I started my no alcohol, no eating out, no shopping kick for the month. I realize that isn't long, but I already came across a few things I really want. Bad. Like those fingerless gloves below, booties I have been looking for, and a sequined jacket that I finally like. Not to mention Ben smugly drinks a beer in front of me every night. UUggggh. Only 28 days to go....

6 comments:

Julia said...

Oh no, you can't get sick! But, at least you have an amazingly rearranged home to relish. I love doing the same thing. Andrew just groans when I get that gleam in my eye!

Cafe Fashionista said...

Stay strong in terms of the no alcohol thing; if only to spite Ben! :)

I'm sorry that you're feeling under the weather. I too woke up with a pounding headache this morning; and I haven't been able to swallow without immense pain for the entire day. I tell you, I'm sick for all of November, December, and part of January every year! :)

Tiffany said...

i need not tell you , as a biology nerd that I love love love that chart.


boo ben boooo!
i say, drink your beer in the room with the skull in it, poor kate

Hayley Egan said...

Maybe your body is going into boot, jacket, glove withdrawals....

Megan said...

a sequined jacket?! I have been dying to get one of those ever since I saw Rachel Zoe's Marc Jacob one on her show...ugggggh...and I can't think of alcohol right now; Halloween was that bad haha...but feel better!

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Not fun having that "I know it's coming, I'm going to be sick" feeling! Hopefully, it will pass & you'll be out of the woods. Love the rearranging and the color of your walls...so clean!