Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Prosciutto and Fig

Last week Leslie came into town and we went to the new Zeigeist Arts Cafe for a quick dinner. We shared the prosciutto and fig sandwich which was so tasty. Both salty and sweet. Ben and I decided to make our own version this last Saturday before pumpkin carving. It was quite easy and I wanted to share the results. You need these ingredients:

1 french baguette sliced
8 slices of prosciutto
fig spread (I found ours in the deli section)
danish blue cheese
.............
-Fry the prosciutto slices for a few minutes with some oil until the ends get a little crispy and set on paper towels.
-spread the fig on one side of the sliced baguette and blue cheese (just a little-its strong!) on the other.
-add the prosciutto and press the sliced bread together to form a sandwich.
................
Another thing you can make for a quick snack or app (via Leslie) would be to put fig spread on some baguette slices and top with Mache and honey. Easy, vegetarian, and yummy.

5 comments:

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

This sounds absolutely delicious! I'm a veggie, but noth versions are right up my alley!

BonBon Rose Girls Kristin said...

That sounds delicious. I love all the ingredients...why not combine them? Yum!

Cafe Fashionista said...

This looks so incredibly heavenly. I'm tempted to try my hand at making it right now. I'm sure it would work okay for breakfast, as well. Yum! :)

shanon said...

Oh for yum. =)

Adam said...

nice! I had the Cafe's version and now I guess I am just waiting to try yours...