that were in
the icebox
and which
you were probably
saving
for breakfast
Forgive me
They were delicious
so sweet
and so cold
William Carlos Williams
.........
Whenever there is one left of something in the fridge this poem comes to mind.
Sorry Ben, for eating pretty much the last of everything :)
...
ps. Remember that heart bowl I found for less than a dollar a while ago? Well Ben's mom gave me the larger version the other day! She noticed how much I admired it whenever I came over. It was given to her by Ben's Grandma Helen as a wedding gift. Isn't that sweet?

6 comments:
Very sweet and such a great bowl!
haha what a great poem! i actually just finished off all the chips and was feeling guilty that i didn't leave my husband any. :)
Love this poem. I am always the one that has my thing eaten :)
Ah - the dissapointment of going to eat something and finding it gone! That heart bowl is really sweet.
love this poem.
Whoah, it's weird that you should post this poem. As a gangly, impressionable 13 year old, this is the VERY poem that inspired my love for poetry and eventually led me to a degree in creative writing slash poetry. William Carlos Williams is good good good.
And, again, that bowl is just INSANE. Cute cute cute attack.
god, i remember analysing this in a tutorial when i was studying lit at cambridge. my tutor thought it was perfection poetized.
Post a Comment