Sunday, February 28, 2010

weekend.

It was a gorgeous weekend in Duluth. Unfortunately, most of it was spent inside painting the guest bedroom. It went from a gross yellow white to a creamy white (Vermont cream to be exact). All our other bedrooms are painted different colors so I thought having one white room might be nice. It was a major pain in the bum to paint because the WHOLE room was painted in a semi-gloss which meant we had to sand everything down to finally paint the trim, ceiling, and walls. Now that it's finished I am excited to get a bed and some decor in there. More pictures to come once it's complete! Ben and I did take a break Sunday morning and I went down hill skiing for the first time in over 10 years! I was so nervous, but it was like riding a bike. After one run I got the hang of it and we had so much fun. I can't wait to go again.
..............
Other stuff we did this weekend include:

-Thrifting and going to estate sales with my friend Shana.
-Giving up booze and eating out for the next 4 weeks (our new vice? fake cheese)
-Celebrating my mom's birthday by making her a crab leg dinner.
-Running 3 miles Friday
-Watching the Olympics and this freaky movie.

How was your weekend?

5 comments:

shanon said...

Wasn't this weekend gorgeous? We took a long walk yesterday, and even though it was tricky with all the ice on the sidewalks with melted water underneath, it was still awesome to be out and about.

p.s. I've always wanted that big pink vase from Ikea.

Kate said...

totally agree with your comment on my blog, so sick of painting! it's honestly never ending. But it's usually worth it in end end:)

Mandi said...

wow what a busy and adventurous weekend!

The ceilings in my new house are all painted in semi gloss! ugh. I hate semi gloss.

Beth said...

So crisp and clean, your floors are awesome....as is your sweet doggie.

Holly said...

uncanny! our weekend skiing experiences are sooooo the same!