Tuesday, March 16, 2010

mars

Last Friday Ben and I walked down the beach. The red frozen sand, broken up sheets of ice, and grey sky made me feel like I was on a different planet. It made me realize how much I love living on such an enormous body of water. Lake Superior is so crazy big, I haven't even seen half of it. Sometimes, when it's cold enough and the lake freezes over you can see sunken ships below! A new ship was actually discovered this way a couple years ago. This summer Ben and I are going to take a road trip around the lake and stop at all the fun towns and cities along the way. We are also hoping to sail to his dad place in Canada sometime in the next summer or two.

6 comments:

stephanie renee said...

i spent some time on madelyn island and totally fell in love with lake superior. your trip sounds wonderful!

Anonymous said...

love these pictures. hope you are doing well :)

Anonymous said...

Mars is definitely an apt name for this post! I love bodies of water, too, it's always been the constant in all the places I've lived. PS it must've been freeeeezing by the lake that day, you are brave.

littlebyrd said...

I love these pictures! They are so beautiful. Your trip around the lake sounds great - how fun that will be!!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Oh my gosh, these shots are gorgeous Kate! You must share more like these, please :) I'm so envious of your tentative sailing trip!

jamie said...

wow. you live on mars.