Tuesday, March 30, 2010

summer comfort.

I'm going to be doing a lot of sailing this summer (finger crossed). This striped dress with my vintage topsiders would look oh so nice on the boat me thinks.

Am I ready to finally sport a romper this summer?
I would like to ease into that relationship starting with picnics and Sunday drives.
Versatile and easy. Love the color on this dress too.
..................
Someone asked me to describe my personal style the other day. I wasn't sure what to say because I like a little of everything for the most part. One day I could be wearing all girly vintage, the next I could be in jeans, a tee, and boots. One common factor is that I like comfort. It has to be easy to wear. After seeing my selections I realize my personal style can't be tied down to just one look or category, but it can be narrowed down to fit. Fit to me is the most important part of clothes. Knowing what looks good on your body is so important and it allows me to look for things in all sorts of styles. I'm still learning what works and what doesn't, but having a few key elements that you know flatters your shape can do wonders.

9 comments:

jamie said...

man i need a few good summer staples.

an easy dress, a romper. yes please.

Hayley Egan said...

Sailing in stripes and romper... yES!

Hannah Elise said...

Go for the romper! I have been wanting to wear a romper FOREVER. But I frankly lack the guts to try it out....someday. Right now I"ll just settle for trying highwaisted shorts.

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering the exact same thing about rompers! But I think I'm ready to take the plunge.

I'm jealous that you'll be sailing, and I agree, that dress would look great on a boat!

Flora Márquez said...

Striped dress! Beautiful

stephanie renee said...

i use to take sailing lessons when i was younger and lately have been so obsessed with learning again.

Iva Messy said...

these are fabulous!!!

Lindsay said...

Romper! Romper! Romper! I love it! You'd look ADORABLE in it.

littlebyrd said...

Love your explantion of your style and am in 100% agreement - fit and comfort are key! These summer looks you picked out are soooo cute.