Sunday, March 21, 2010

weekend

This weekend was superb (and I don't use that word lightly [and I can't help but think of Empire Records when I say it]). It was a little chilly, but the sun was out so it didn't matter. Ben and I spent all day Saturday going to local art galleries and checking out of my favorite store in Duluth- the rock and mineral shop on Superior Street. It's filled with the most amazing rocks, minerals, bugs, and other curiosities. I purchased a few minerals for my collection (more pics coming soon). The green Apophyllite was one of my favorites, but I saved that purchase for another time. We spent our evening grilling with April and Hasty and may or may not have had a dance party to 92.1 the Bridge....

Sunday was spent driving up the North Shore to look for agates. I mostly sat in the sun and read, but Ben found this awesome agate (pic 1) for his collection which was neat. We spent the later afternoon taking a long hike with friends and making homemade pizzas. A good weekend indeed! How was yours?

4 comments:

Kate said...

haha! I totally think of empire records every time I say "superb" as well!

from lara said...

jealous you can just go "looking" for agates by you! sounds like fun (and a very nice weekend!)

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

What a splendid weekend! Thanks for sharing pics :)

jamie said...

rock and mineral shop!!!! great weekend.