Friday, April 30, 2010

happy friday.

This weekend is full of celebrating. On top of just buying her first house today (2 blocks from ours!!), April is turning 30 tomorrow and Grace's birthday is today! A bunch of us will be out and about tomorrow night for both their birthday celebrations. It should be yet another fun filled off -the- hook weekend. Speaking of birthdays, we celebrated Ben's big day a few weeks ago and I just remembered I had this photo in my phone. Every year he jumps in Lake Superior no matter what the weather is like. This particular day was cold, rainy, and extremely wavy. You could still see some ice floating in the water!
For one of his birthday gifts he received a bottle of Root which I had heard about a long time ago thanks to Kate. Not only is the packaging super awesome, but it tastes pretty good too! The ingredients of this ancient liquor are pretty neat, but I was worried about the anise (not a big fan). Fortunately, it tastes more like spicy sarsaparilla. I enjoy sipping mine on the rocks.
.............
I'm off to catch up on some work before the mayhem starts, so no extra links today. Have a great weekend!

10 comments:

l said...

Oh my word, I wanna be in that ocean so bad now!! I hope your friend's have wonderful birthdays! <3

pineapplemint said...

That is so awesome that he jumps in! How long does he swim before calling it quits?

Margaret said...

gorgeous photos!
great blog!
loving the posts
stop by some time xx

Lexie said...

mmmm the description you gave that liquor sounds tasty! have a wonderful weekend celebrating!

littlebyrd said...

I do not know how he got himself into that icy water! I just don't think I could do it. Enjoy your weekend!!

Megan said...

ROOT! ahhhhh! I want it so badly now! have to go downtown and buy some........STAT.

Unknown said...

I've never had Root but it sounds so yummy! Hope you had a nice weekend. You have a lovely blog!

Tiffany said...

i'm put off my anise as well, as with licorice tastes.
but it looks interesting. wonder if they sell this in australia?

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Happy birthdays and congratulations all around! Ben's swimming tradition is so neat. He is quite brave - and here I was feeling like a hearty sort for swimming in my sister's 70 degree pool over the weekend :)

Hello Lindello said...

Kim- He doesn't last too long! It's pretty freezing. He loves swimming no matter what season it is though. Sometimes he'll wear a wetsuit so he can stay out longer.