Monday, June 21, 2010

weekend.

It's done! We did it. Grandma's was a lot of fun and I managed to get a personal record for myself of 2:02. My back didn't give me any trouble and Leslie completely rocked her first race. All in all it was a super great day. I really would like to get under 2 hours by fall so I am signing up for another half this August. Might as well, huh? The rest of the weekend was spent eating ice cream treats, welcoming little Liam into the world (congrats Mo!!), laying on the beach, and breaking in the guest room (I told you that map was awesome). Thanks for you all your well wishes and I hope you had a great weekend too!
.........
Notes: I found that bird nest on my run last week, I just started Eating Animals in hopes it will transfer me back to once Vegetarian lifestyle, and sorry there's not a lot of running pictures but most were very unflattering....
Ps. I hope you all had a great Father's Day!

10 comments:

Beth said...

Congrats on the run. Nice work. Oh that map.......just fantastic !!!!

Vanessa said...

Congrats! I wish I could motivate myself to run... Even just a little. How are you liking Eating Animals? I've got it on my summer reading list. I'm not looking to become vegetarian, just to eat non-factory farmed meat. But I have to admit, I'm a little scared to read this. Sort of the same way I was too scared to watch Food, Inc.

Tiffany said...

you go K!
i wish i had that kind of stamina.
and that map is gorgeous! wow, what a statement!
do you like that book so far?
my friend absolutely hate jonathan foer. should be interesting!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Congrats on the great run! It sounds like a wonderful weekend. I'd like to go vegetarian, but it's tough when my husband not only refuses to give up meat, but smokes something for 6 hours on the grill and I have to smell it. We do try to eat vegetarian about 5 days a week though. I'd have trouble giving up seafood the most (not that I eat it very often, although I did eat it almost every day on vacation). Great pic of you & your Dad. And yeah, that map is amazing!

Maria Rose said...

Sounds like you had a great time and I hear that book is great!

Unknown said...

Congrats on the run! I'm a runner, too, but always get minor injuries that keep me off my feet for just long enough to screw with my running schedule and my plans to do a race. Oh well. And... I'm also a recent convert to vegetarianism! It's a great excuse to eat more cheese and bread, and, if you're anything like me, that's quite a good thing! I'd love to know what you thought of the book. I'm up for more summer reading. Love visiting your blog. Take care!

Lindsay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsay said...

Oh my gooooosh. For just having run a serious race, you gals look ADORABLE.

And, gaaaaah, that cute-ass little nest!!!

You might try 'Animals Make Us Human' by Temple Grandin, too, if you want to scare the meat-eater right out of you. I love her perspective, and her writing is super amusing.

Hello Lindello said...

Thanks all! Trust me. If I can run 13.1 miles you can too.

I will have to add that to my reading list Linds.

Tiff- I can't believe your friends hate Jonathan Foer. I loved Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. One of my favs for sure!

Holly said...

let us know how the book is!