Friday, July 23, 2010

guest room + Happy Friday

We have lots of people coming in town for our sailboat party* this weekend, so I've been trying to get the guest room finished. I would say I am pretty close and I'm at least pleased enough to let people stay in it without cringing. Besides a few things (bed + curtains + wood art) I've found all the decor in the room through either estate sales or thrift stores. The most money I dropped was on the rug ($80) which was a total steal in my opinion. The mid-century white table won't be in there permanently, but for now I need it for Hello Victory. I would also like to hang something (maybe Bull horns**) over the bed. TBD.
.................
*This weekend is going to be OUT OF CONTROL fun. Some of my favorite people in the world are coming up for our first annual Sailboat Picnic/BBQ. On Sunday we are throwing a little shindig down on the sailboats, where we will be taking people out for rides, grillings, enjoying the sun (fingers crossed), and drinking fun beverages. THEN, thanks to some super awesome friends of ours, Leslie is debuting her slide show at our indie movie theater. She has been collecting photographs of all us good friends for the past 6 years and it will be shown on the BIG screen! Should be an amazing time. If you are in Duluth stop by the marina from 6-9! Have a great weekend!

**totally unrelated and the definition of random, but my great grandfather was killed by a bull. no joke.

13 comments:

Holly said...

you and your friends seem so cute and fun. have a great sail boat party!

Julia said...

You are going to have a fabulous time! I hope the weather is terrific, the food delish and the company oh so much fun!

PS love the guest bedroom!

Maria Rose said...

Wow, I love your guest room--very inviting!

susie said...

this space is so lovely, especially the rug. where ever did you find it?

Hello Lindello said...

Thanks Susie!
The rug is from an antique shop here called Father Time. I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw it.

anabela / fieldguided said...

This room is amazing!!! I would like to move in, please. Have a great weekend! Sounds like it's going to be great.

Um when I was a little kid I was charged at by a loose bull on a farm. No idea how I wasn't killed/scarred for the rest of my life myself.

and flowers pick themselves said...

the jar of feathers is SO lovely!

xo Alison

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Your guest room is looking lovely, Kate. I can't wait to see pics of your weekend! You guys always do such fun things.

Megan said...

I am so late in responding to this--as always--but I can't believe you're having a sailboat party! does that mean ppl wore sailors hats and yacht gear??? b/c that's the way I would have dressed

and this room is adorable...I love that you have a guest room...so adult of you : )

Lindsay said...

Any guest who gets to stay in that room is a LUCKY guest! Seriously! That rug is the best. I hope you had SUCH a blast this weekend! I can't imagine how you wouldn't have.

shanon said...

Love the room. Are you opening it up as a B&B? You could even skip the 2nd B. I'd find food someplace in Duluth, it isn't too hard!

Park Street said...

Your guest room is lovely. Totally you.

Hello Lindello said...

Thank you all for your sweet comments. You're welcome to Duluth anytime!

Megan- I wish we dressed up all nautical. Truthfully, it didn't even cross my mind. How lame! That would have been fun!

Shannon- I wish! It would be so fun to own a B&B!