Tuesday, July 27, 2010

weekend.

This last weekend was a lot of fun. Sunday was a beautiful day and Leslie and I spent the day at the beach before getting ready for our sailboat bbq. 20 or so of our closest friends showed up to the docks to grill, drink cheap beer, and catch up. We had a few friends in town that had been traveling the world so it was great to finally see them and hear their stories. Our friend Megan and her boyfriend just got done biking 3,000 miles around Cuba and Guatemala!
Kelly was my witness at our wedding. She has a dear place in my heart. She also was the DJ for the dance party we ended up having at April's later on in the evening. Derek is the owners of one of my favorite restaurants here in Duluth. I just discovered my new favorite summer drink at his bar: Death's Door Gin and tonic with rhubarb bitters. Amazing.
Our friend Mo brought her newborn Liam to the party too!
After the sailboat party we headed the Zinema movie theater where we were lucky enough to have a whole theater to ourselves! Leslie had been collecting and putting together pictures from the past 6 years of a lot of our friends and we got to watch it on the big screen! It was so special to know everyone in those pictures is still a part of my life and how amazing my friendships are.
...............
The evening ended with a dance party at April and Chris's house where we danced our pants off (literally for some) to DJ Raptor Face Kelly.
Before Kelly and Leslie headed back Monday we drove up the North Shore along Lake Superior to get lunch at the Scenic Cafe. It's a special place to us because this is where we met! We all worked there as servers in college. On our days off we use to drive up the shore for hours just drinking coffee and talking. I'm lucky enough we still get to do that every once in awhile.
.........
So that was my weekend! Thanks for letting me share.

7 comments:

shanon said...

*sign* That is the life.

littlebyrd said...

I think I've said it before but I am going to say it again...you have the **best** weekends :)

Jennifer said...

Thank you for sharing! ;)

It sounds like a perfect weekend.

Megan said...

awww, that sounds like such a nice evening/night! I've always wanted to have the movie theatre to myself/to just a group of friends and myself...and I need some of the death's door gin! must make trip to Duluth!

DANCE PARTY! and baby!

Maria Rose said...

Wow! What a cool weekend~

Lindsay said...

Awwww. This just made me tear up a little & think about how much I love my friends, too. It's a lucky thing to have good people in your life.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

You crammed so much fun into just a couple of days, and what great experiences to share with your closest friends. I love reading about your weekends, I live vicariously through you!