I'm sure glad I didn't miss Duluth first big snowfall. Last night Ben and I baked cinnamon swirl bread, listened to Christmas music (i'm one of those people), and watched the snow pile up. We only got a few inches by our house, but it still looks pretty wonderful...................
I am off to Chicago tomorrow for a week. I will be attending GREENBUILD for work. If any Chicago peeps are reading this please leave a comment on where I should eat! Be back next week!
.............
photo via
8 comments:
Too many suggestions! Where are you staying? Here are some just off the top of my head.
Hopleaf for beer and Belgian food
Smoque for BBQ
Big Star for Whiskey, Beer and Tacos
Violet Hour for Cocktails
San Soo Gap San for Korean BBQ
Devon Ave. for Pakistani/ Indian (My fave is Gareeb Nawaz)
If you are in the city on Sunday, go to Maxwell street for a pretty good flea market (its huge) and some of the most authentic Mexican food in the city.
Spoon Thai for Thai (order off the "secret" menu only)
Lula Cafe for amazing New American / Ecclectic
Blackbird for the same thing.
Hot Doug's for a great Chicago dog and other exotic dogs.
Overeasy for breakfast/brunch
Happy Chef for dimsum
Pho 777 or Tank Noodle for Pho
Have a great time :)
I want to be "one of those people" too, but I need to dig out my music. =)
That pic cracks me up!
whoa i think you got suggestions covered for chicago! i love it there :) visit the lake!
love love love love love love love love
I'm totally ditto-ing some of debbie's suggestions: violet hour for drinks, blackbird for food. can i just say again: go. to. blackbird. immediately. then, go to hot dougs. not necessarily in that order. oh, and overeasy is great, too! also consider tre kronor (foster and kedzie, basically) for brunch.
enjoy!!!!!
have an awesome trip and glad you're getting the snow and i'm not!
:)
I hope you're having a fabulous time in Chicago :) I heard about all the snow. We're still in the upper 60's so I find it nearly impossible to break out the Christmas music. Even if I'm one of "those" people :)
Duuuude. I completely DROPPED THE BALL on this one! Ugh.
How was the trip, though?! Did you eat anywhere awesome?? All of those suggestions are totally rad ones!
Man, Kate. NEXT TIME! We're getting a drink together. Baaah.
Post a Comment