I have been getting some nice comments and questions about my
hair, and I decided to do a little post.
I feel like I finally have my hair the way I want it. I have Leslie and Kelly to thank
for this as they introduced me to their stylist – Karie and Denny Kemp Salon in
Minneapolis. The real bummer, and I mean BUMMER, is that Karie recently moved to
San Francisco and only makes it up to Minnesota every 3-4 months! Plus, when I
do get my haircut with her I have to make the 2.5 hour drive from Duluth (Yes,
Ben thinks I am crazy for doing this, but never underestimate what a women will
do for a good haircut!).
Ombre:
Many of you asked about the ombre look. I had Karie lighten
my tips over the summer and it’s been growing out that way ever since. Ombre has
become a big trend nowadays, but I think it works well on my hair since I have
so many layers. If you decide to attempt the ombre look be sure to find the
right stylist. I’ve had a number of friends try this with their own stylist only
to leave flustered and with some bad streaks and lines.
Cut:
My cut was based on jcrew ad I saw over the summer. I wanted
different layers so it wouldn’t lay flat and get some “messy” body. I also
started growing out my bangs a bit and have been liking the part down the middle
lately.
Products:
I am now a purely bumble and bumble girl. When my hair is wet
out of the shower I use Bb Texture (un) dressing cream and finish it off with
their Surf Spray. When it’s dry I use their grooming cream. Their products are on the spendy side, but a little goes a long way.
So that’s the story with my hair. It will be interesting to
see how I will keep it up with a new baby and a stylist that lives 2,000 miles
away. Eeeep. I don’t even like thinking about it.
( The above photo is actually a product shot from the company I work for. They make modern outdoor furniture and often use their employees as models. The chairs come with a built in bottle opener. I happened to be 4 weeks prego during the shoot and hadn't told my work yet. Sadly the Two Hearted went down the drain when I sneaked away to the bathroom. )
( The above photo is actually a product shot from the company I work for. They make modern outdoor furniture and often use their employees as models. The chairs come with a built in bottle opener. I happened to be 4 weeks prego during the shoot and hadn't told my work yet. Sadly the Two Hearted went down the drain when I sneaked away to the bathroom. )
PS. Roberta just posted on her hair resolutions and had some
good ideas!

4 comments:
Ooh girl it is even cuter than I thought! This reinforces that I need that BB Texture cream-- I tried my friend's on vacation and it produced just the right amount of wave. And while guys may scoff I completely agree that hair is worth a considerable hassle/expense because if your hair isn't right, NOTHING is right.
man i wish i had a stylist i loved.
i love b&b products. the smell of "prep" is addictive, and i'm a huge fan of the texture cream. it produces that perfect un-perfect alexa chung wave.
your hair is fantastic!
Post a Comment