Thursday, February 2, 2012

What a Prego Wears To: Her Office Holiday Party




23 weeks!
Dress: Aiko
Shoes: Sam Edelman
Tights: Target Maternity

It shouldn't be surprising that we’re just now having our holiday party since the name of the company I work for is short for “lollygagger”. I haven’t dressed up much, so I’ve been looking forward to finally wearing some fancy shoes and this Aiko dress I bought a few months ago. I bought it knowing that it would be a good pregnancy staple, but something that I would wear after the pregnancy too. The shoulder holes show just the right amount of skin, and the terry cotton is extremely thick and comfortable. Perfect for Minnesota weather. I “accidentally” purchased these wedges a few winters back. UO sent me the wrong booties and I ended up falling for these. They are quite high, but easy and comfortable to walk in thanks to the platform. I was going to wear some sort of necklace, but opted for a more minimalist look and added some color in the form of lipstick. If you haven’t tried Jcrews Poppy King lipstick you are in for a treat! I own a dozen or so “reds” and this one is my favorite. It’s not drying and looks good on numerous skin tones. 

I hope you all have a good weekend and don’t forget you can find me on instagram (username mossybones). I have been posting more frequently on there lately. It’s addicting!

7 comments:

Ismay said...

I love this dress! You're a very chic prego.

Stephanie Morsch said...

I love your "what a prego wears" posts. I actually look forward to them. I am not pregnant, but I love seeing a woman stay true to their style while being pregnant. You are just rockin' that baby bump while being cute and comfortable. As a newly married woman, it's inspiring to me for when I get a baby bump of my own. Thank you.

Hello Lindello said...

Thank so much guys!
Stephanie - Thank you for the feedback! That made my day! xx

Anonymous said...

Where did you buy the lipstick online?

Lexie said...

i love the cutouts on that dress! so cute! you look lovely, kate!

Tiffany said...

beautiful! i've just started in on the whole red lipstick thing! slowly getting used to it!

Hello Lindello said...

Laura - You can get it at the store or online for $18.