Monday, January 30, 2012

weekend review




This weekend was ideal. Ben and I managed to get some things crossed off our list while still having time to get out and have some fun. One big accomplishment was getting his painting room done. He could not find any shelving that met his standards, so he ended up designing his own and had a local metal smith make them. The wood is cedar and came from Maynard's. I still need get cushions for the bench, a rug, and some color (plants?), but overall it’s complete.

Saturday I enjoyed some time to myself and got a pedicure (Thanks Amy!) and topped off the night making us a pistachio encrusted goat cheese salad (courtesy of the New Scenic CafĂ©) for dinner . On Sunday Ben and I took a nice hike on Park Point and saw the movie The Grey (boo hiss – it was Ben’s choice. Total dude movie). 

.......
Pastachio Encrusted Goat Cheese Coins

1 Pkg Goat Cheese (I used about 5 Tablespoons for 4 coins)
Crushed Pistachios (1/3 cup)
Enough vegetable or canola oil to cover pan bottom

Take a dollop (1 tbs or so) of plain goat cheese and make a patty (1.5 inch diameter)
Place it in a small bowl of crushed pistachios, set aside until all are covered.
Heat oil in pan and place coins in oil till it starts to brown then flip (about 3 minutes one each side)

I put these on a simple salad of greens and veggies, but they are REALLY tasty on toasted bread with cucumber slices, greens, and a dash of balsamic or roasted garlic vinaigrette. Easy.

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

sounds like a fantastic weekend! totally well balanced! are you starting to nest?

Deb said...

Sweet shelves! I like it a lot! Who's the local metalsmith?

another feather said...

your painting studio is so nice! and those shelves are incredible!!

Hello Lindello said...

Deb- I'll have to ask Ben. I forgot!

another feather- Thanks so much!!

Tiffany - You think? Major nesting mode :)