Thursday, February 9, 2012

What a Prego Wears: To a local artist exhibition



24 Weeks
Blouse: Velvet
Jeans: Gap Maternity 
Shoes: Rachel Comey Penpal

I bought my first pair or maternity jeans! Well, my second. I originally bought some spendy Ava Citizens, but might return them despite them being really cute. I can’t justify spending so much on something I will only wear for a couple more months. I found these Gap Maternity ones on super sale and they fit perfectly so these just might be my go to jeans for the pregnancy. I bought the white blouse 4 years ago, but found it made me look way to pregnant (go figure) so I’ve been holding it in the back of my closet. Do you have clothes you save thinking “ I’ll wear this when I’m pregnant?” or am I the only one? The blouse is so soft and the woven part is cashmere so it makes me feel a little fancy.

I’ve been waking up each morning to a larger belly and I find myself needing longer shirts. I purchased two tunics and can’t wait to show you them next week. They will work after the pregnancy too so you non-Prego’s can look forward to something J



6 comments:

gothgimpbadcooking said...

You are the most fashionable prego ever.

Jodi said...

you look gorgeous! Enjoy those fancy night-time outings before baby arrives.

Last night I enjoyed getting all dressed up to go out. Guess where I was going? A school meeting! Geez, slightly pathetic! x

roberta jane said...

Yes! I totally had a few things I had held on to thinking they would make good maternity clothes! And I loved my gap maternity skinnies (I think I ended up with 3 pairs). I also saved the jeans for next time (not that it will be any time soon!!!)
You look adorbs!!!

ourlovelydays said...

when I INEVITABLY get pregnant again (winks), can I have your hand-me-downs. You are rocking this pregnancy! p.s. I started a nice, shiny, new blog.

Unknown said...

YOu look lovely and chic! I understand, I've been prego x2 and stay away from maternity clothes as long as I could. Looking good mama <3

Tye
http://www.lagelledailydose.blogspot.com

Jocy said...

I love these "What a Prego Wears" posts! My partner and I are thinking of a child in the next year and I'm suddenly obsessed with maternity-friendly clothes!