28 weeks!
Sweatshirt: Jcrew
Bibs: Ben’s Carhartts
Hat: Gilt Group –forgot brand, sorry!
Duluth was hit by a blizzard yesterday and I found myself
stuck at home for a snow day. It’s been a pretty lame winter here, so the snow
was a nice surprise. I can no longer zip up my snow pants, so Ben suggested I
wear his Carhartt bibs. I actually have always admired his and even tried on
some women’s one last winter, but they give a rather brutal diaper butt on me.
Maybe I need to get the men’s version? Anyway – his bibs did the trick and we spent
the afternoon playing in the snow and building this pretty sweet snowman. The
thin mints we bought from the neighborhood Girl Scout came in handy for buttons
J
Our friends Chris and April came over for dinner. Inspired
by Brian Ferry’s candlelight dinner
essay in the latest Kinfolk issue, I lit candles at the table. I forgot
how much candles set the mood and make things more special. Our dinner was tempeh
wraps using the recipe below and they turned out wonderfully.
We used three packs of tempeh and had some leftovers.
Sauce - 1/3 cup soy sauce, 1/3 cup lime juice, 1/3 cup brown
sugar and 1 tbsp chili garlic paste. You might need to make more depending on
how many packs of tempeh you use. I think we about doubled this for our 3
packs.
Slice tempeh and simmer in water for 15 minutes.
Drain and pour the marinade over it.
Fry it in some canola oil until brown on each side.
Reduce the remaining sauce into a glaze and pour over
tempeh.
Serve on flour tortilla with a slaw of shredded purple
cabbage, shredded carrots, cilantro, and veganaise and sriracha. Once again we
just eyeballed this.
Serve with slices of avocado and lime wedges.





5 comments:
love your overalls and your other outfits below are pretty cute too.
pdc. pretty darn cute. : )
do you guys have a sauna??
Thanks girls!
Jenny - We do! and I can't wait to start using it again :)
dude, you are so cute!
yum! that looks SO good!
Post a Comment