Tuesday, April 10, 2012

home time


My last day of work was Friday. I decided to take some time off before the baby comes for myself. I won't lie - it feels both really weird and really nice. I loved my job and hope to return one day, but when I found out I was pregnant I knew once I had the little one in my arms 12 weeks of maternity leave just wouldn't be enough. I realize I am super fortunate to even have this option, and I have so much respect for mothers who work. It will be a transition not having that paycheck come in, but I welcome the challenge.

It's only been a day but I've already accomplished so much. It's amazing what you can do when the hours from 8-5 are suddenly open for business in your personal life. I grocery shopped for the week, cleaned the house, went to prenatal yoga, and made this Spring Panzanella recipe for dinner. It was a perfect thing to make because we had about two lbs of leftover asparagus from Easter to use up. I ended up using both leek and green beans and thought it turned out pretty good. The recipe makes a lot, so if your cooking for two you will have leftovers for lunch. 

4 comments:

Holly said...

your first day off seems perfect! wishing you rest! :)

blake said...

I remember that feeling really well. It was a wonderfully strange in-between time, and such a great idea. For me, heading back to work (part time) six months later was TRULY a strange feeling ;) Of course, I ended up quitting for good after a while. The bambino pull is strong indeed. Enjoy your nesting!

Sarge in Charge said...

Aw, how wonderful. Enjoy this special time!

City Chic Country Mouse said...

Sounds wonderful! I am hoping to do the same - stay home when my little girl arrives. Enjoy your time!