There are a few more things I am waiting on till the nursery is officially complete, but we need to set up the birthing tub in this room, so I thought I better share photo's before it's taken over by a giant mass of rubber and water.
I pretty much knew what I wanted the room to look like before I was even pregnant. White walls, a mix of old and new, not too many "things", and some art. I wanted the room to fit with the rest of the house, but of course have a bit of magic and whimsy in it. I guess my overall thought was to make it a calming place to be in and I think I accomplished this. I love being in her room. Especially at night when the xmas lights* are plugged in.
The "lamp" we made is constructed from a drift wood log I found on Lake Superior and thought it would look neat lit up with white lights. I added a photo below so you could see how it lights up, but it looks far more magical at night as you can probably imagine.
From this pictures you can't get a good look into the closet, but it's where her dresser is along with more books, toys, and her pretty dresses hung and ready to wear :)
For those of you interested. Here is where most of this stuff came from:
Crib and changer: Oeuf Sparrow
Rug: Thrifted
Dream Catcher: Land-Rich
Shelving: Room & Board
Rocker: UO
Pillow: Colette Bream
Little people of world poster: Thrifted
White console: Thrifted
Print on console: Alyson Fox
Cloud Photograph: Eric Ruby
Bunny Poster: Debbie Carlos
Drift wood mobile: April Harries
Blanket: Seed Baby (gift from Molly Kissner)
* We have yet to baby proof some things (ie. plug-ins and such), but don't worry - we have it covered!
9 comments:
yay! looks great. we have the same crib and it's been fantastic!
So dreamy...love it!
its perfect and so you! i adore the stick with the twinkle lights and i love that you are birthing her in that room and not the living room or something, so special. i also love the rocker you chose. ok, ill stop now :)
gorgeous. i want to move in!
Love your nursery, especially all the natural elements and subtle details.
The room looks lovely!
what a gorgeous and serene nursery room kate. i can see you in it.
Super sweet, Kate! I remember when you got that children of the world poster!
perfect
Post a Comment