They say time goes by so fast once you have a little one, and it's SO true. I wish I could tell you the last 6 weeks have been the best of my life, but I am sad to report that's not really the case. I contemplated blogging about this so soon, but I didn't want to pretend everything was honky dory when that's not the case. I have been diagnosed with Postpartum Depression. It's been a horrible horrible thing, but I can happily report the cloud is lifting thanks to finally receiving the right kind of help. I look forward to sharing my story with you soon in hopes to spread awareness and perhaps help other new mothers who are reading this. The past 2 weeks I have been feeling like myself again and actually wanted to start blogging so please check back for more posts. As mentioned, I look forward to sharing her birth story along with my PPD experience with you when the time is right.
In the meantime, I want you to know that things are in fact getting better and Helen has stolen are our hearts in the deepest way. She is absolutely beautiful and smiling a ton. She's becoming quite the social butterfly already. xx
18 comments:
So glad you are feeling better!
I'm sorry to hear about your diagnosis, but am so happy to know that're coming out of the fog! Helen is just the cutest!
hearts.
Getting help is the biggest hurdle. Hugs to you and your babe.
big hug to you and your family.
I was there almost five years ago with my first. Took me a long while to acknowledge it, even after the pressing and pleading of loved ones. As I'm sure you know, it can be so confusing and crippling and scary and a million other not-so-great things. the longer it goes untended, the worse.
I'm so glad for you that you are getting the proper support so early in the game! And kudos to you for speaking up and telling your truth! Part of what's so confusing and terrifying about it is that we don't know enough about it -- it can be so isolating and embarrassing b/c we're sure (or at least I was) that it's not happening to anyone else.
Wishing you continued healing, Kate. It just gets brighter and brighter from this point! And congratulations on your beautiful baby girl!
congratulations on your beautiful, baby girl! hope things will be well for you soon!
kate, you're awesome!
what a sweet baby girl! you know we're all behind you -- take your time with sharing and recovering from everything. congratulations again!
So glad you're back & getting what you need! Helen is beautiful.
sending love and hugs to the beautiful family... can't wait to hear the birth story. : )
I love your honesty, and I think you are fantastic for sharing it with us. Stay strong- I'm looking forward to more posts from you in the future. Sending you much love from here.
Much love from Luke and I.
I'm so sorry to hear that you've been dealing with this, but it's so good that you're starting to feel better. I have a long history of depression (even admitting that here is weird for me, but if you've shared, so can I!) and I think it's great that you're being open and honest about it. I hope everything gets brighter and easier and happier for you soon. Helen is beautiful, of course! xx
Hello sweet lady, i don't really know you but I flt so moved reading this post of yours... Dépression in its whole means IS awful and so panicking wondering if one will be another onseself.
I went out of this few years nightmare like 2 years and few months ago and sincé then I am so deeply happy, feeling great.. And I treasured it each and Every day..
One can get better, so much better !
So, all the sweet and positive and caring thoughts for you.... Be sûre that Many of us are also "with you"
I allow myself to send you Many kisses <3
I am so happy that you are starting to come out of the dark clouds but very sorry that you had to suffer. I can't imagine what it must have been like for you.
My sister had her little girl only ten days ago, and though she isn't suffering from PPD she has been having a very tough time of it. As I am not a parent myself, I can't know what she's going through but imagine it is a time of churning emotions, stress, and some guilt thinking that if you're not enjoying every minute of it you're not a good mother, even though there's no way anyone could enjoy absolutely every minute. She told me that it's nothing like she thought it would be, and I reassured her that I don't think I've ever heard a mom say that it was just like she expected. Love and support from family and friends and professionals will help, and one day soon I hope she'll be feeling much better.
Hugs to you and your little family. xoxo
I haven't been blogging in ages, and am so excited to read about your new little girl Helen! Congratulations Kate, she is just beautiful.
And also, I'm sorry to hear of your battle with PPD. Happy to hear that you are feeling better!
Thank you all! Your comments mean so much.
Post a Comment