Thursday, May 7, 2009

newyorkcity your so pretty...

I'm baaaack. My trip to NYC flew by and I can hardly believe I am back sitting in front of my computer again. The trip was FILLED with mostly work. Fun work, but lots of meetings. Unfortunately, it rained the WHOLE time we were there so we didn't have a chance to walk around that much and discover cool things, but we didn't really have time anyway. I also didn't take many pictures because even though I was feeling like a giddy girl in a candy store, I tried playing it cool and tried not whipping out my camera every minute. I didn't see any other buyers taking pictures either, so the ones I did take were when I thought no one was looking (total dork-I know) and they turned out blurry. Sorry!
It was definitely a dream come true. We spent everyday going to the show, meeting with designers, buying lines, and gawking at all the new styles and pretty people. I think I said the word "so cute" about a hundred times a day. My favorite part was going to the design showrooms not at the show. They were always beautiful and if we we're lucky the designer would be there! Above is a picture of Andrea at the Citizens showroom. They had a cute little pup wandering about.
Blurry. Blurry mess. Sorry. This showroom was really chic and carried about 10 lines that are absolutely gorgeous. I really liked Geren Ford fall collection that was here.
Since I was lucky enough to see a lot of upcoming styles and trends I thought I would share with you some that I noticed in pretty much every line:
Bottoms
1.) Distressed boyfriend rolled crop (this was EVERYWHERE)
2.) Harem trouser
3.) Straight leg Jean
4.) Boyfriend jean rolled
5.) 4 pocket Knit leggings (black)
6.) Paper bag pencil skirts
7.)Loose high waisted skirts
Tops
1.) Anything boyfriend
2.) Slouchy easy blouses
3.) Long knit vests
4.)Blazers (blazer vests too)
5.) Burnouts
Colors/Patterns
1.) Grey (still! and loving it)
2.)Neon (esp. yellow)
3.)Watercolor/tie-dye
4.)Royal blues
5.) Lots of embellishment for Holiday
6.) Plaid
On our last night I had a chance to meet up with my friend Kai who lives there. He is a talented designer who works for the Pentagram. He brought us to a fabulous restaurant in Soho called Freemans. Its at the end of this little alley, barely visible from the street. It was SO beautiful. The decor is dark with grey washed walls, mounted taxidermy, and the food is divine. GREAT people watching too.
And that's pretty much my trip! I stayed the night in Minneapolis with Leslie and my dad drove me to Duluth today. He's actually taking a nap right now before he drives back down. He's so adorable, I just love my Dad. I hope you all had a great week! Duluth greeted me with 72 degree weather so its nice to be home :)

3 comments:

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Welcome back! It sounds like you had such an exciting trip. Love most of the fashion trends and styles, and I too am happy to see that gray is still hip, and I'm very happy about the yellow. I bought a yellow cable sweater that is gorgeous but bordering on neon. I was afraid it would be "out" before I'd get a chance to wear it a second time (I doubt I'll have another chance until fall). And yay for the cropped boyfriend jean!

lauren said...

great post, love the fashion trends list. what do you do for a living exactly, sounds like what I WANT to do!!

~ ennui ~ said...

thank you for sharing the trends and styles- looked like a great trip!