Wednesday, October 28, 2009

chicago

Hello (envision me saying this like Heidi Klum). I'm back from Chicago! Although I was at market 9 hours a day I did manage to fall in love with this city. When I arrived Friday afternoon I had the whole day to myself so I immediately took a cab (which I realized after how easy the train is to use...) to Wicker Park and went to Penelope's. I tried on a million things including this, this, and this. BUT in the end I fell in LOVE with this simple BBW wool ballet dress. I really needed a black dress suitable for fall and winter and just couldn't let it go. I originally saw this over at Megans blog so it had been in the back of my mind lurking toward my frontal lobe the last week or so. It was spendy, but I know I will get a lot of bang for my buck. I also enjoyed a fabulous dinner with my friend Helen at Coast and stayed at the swanky Allegro hotel which I liked a lot. Here's a glimpse of my stay in Chicago:My new favorite purchase. Built By Wendy wool ballerina dress purchased at Penelope's. Hollah.
Our friends Deb and Amy flew in for a few days and crashed in our hotel. On Sunday night we went up to the Signature Lounge for a cocktail. Its on top of the John Hancock building. Apparently you can see 4 states from the top! This was one the highlights of the trip. It was so magical and beautiful. The picture above is of me by the window. All my pictures made us look like ghosts.
I discovered a new tasty treat: oysters! They were so yummy. We also indulged in lobster and Chicago's greasy pizza.
Andrea flew in Sunday morning for the show. Later that evening we went out for sangria pitchers.
And of course the majority of my time was spent buying clothes for late spring early summer. We picked up a few more lines including Andrew Marc's new dress line. It just debuted and I fell in love with this nude one. I'm really excited to get this in!The last day we had a few hours to kill before getting on the plane so Andrea and I went wedding dress shopping. She's getting married January 16th and has yet to get a dress! We stopped by Nicole Miller and she tried on the collection. This was my favorite, but she didn't like it as much.
............................................
So that was my trip in a nutshell! I did find a vintage new years eve/holiday dress at Una Mae's. It needs to modified a bit, but I'm pretty excited about it. If I get my act together I will try to take a picture of it for you. Did you have a good weekend? I can't wait to catch up with you all.

10 comments:

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I love your black ballet dress. It's so versatile, you can change the look in so many ways with scarves, blazers, jackets, flats, tights, boots, etc. It sounds like you guys fit a lot of fun in even though you were working most of the time!

Megan said...

jealoussssss! and I LOVE that andrew marc dress; so gorgeous! glad to hear your trip went wonderfully...I really wish I could visit Penelope's in person; they're so nice to deal with when ordering things...

Tiffany said...

ooo yum yum oysters! looked like a very fab trip indeed!!
i adore that dress, the sleeves!

Hayley Egan said...

I want a black ballet dress....

Beth said...

Love it! Wicker Park is my old neighborhood. I visit about a half dozen times a year, and there is always some cool new shop or restaurant. Never enough time...or cash. Glad you enjoyed.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

Love the ballet dress & you'll get tons of miles out of it...cost or not! All the clothing is gorgeous...you'll have to take a pic of the shop when all gets in. How fun to shop for a wedding dress!!

Maria Rose said...

Sounds like a successful trip!

lisa butterworth said...

that BBW dress is perfection. you will not regret the spendyness. (just found your blog via camp comfort...so stoked on that ombre mani you linked to!!)

Hello Lindello said...

Thanks everyone! I'm feeling good about buying that dress now :)

Megan- I know! The girls at Penelopes were not only so sweet they were gorgeous. Just darling.

Lindsay said...

This comment is totally, like, 20 days after the fact, BUT, how awesome is that BBW ballet dress? I've been meaning to stop by Penelope's for the last couple of weeks to try it on, however it keeps slipping my mind. Is the wool soft? Is it ribbed at all? Is it awesome? SO MANY QUESTIONS.