Friday, October 30, 2009

a new november

Going on trips always make me feel really unhealthy when I return. Probably because I eat out for every meal, drink with every meal, and don't workout. These habits also tend to rear their ugly little head in my life when winter comes. I HAVEN'T SEEN THE SUN IN ALMOST 2 WEEKS!! Do you know what this does to a person? I have decided (with some exceptions*) to not eat out for the month of November AND to not drink alcohol. I might be a little crazy, and those of you who know me are thinking "uh huh Kate....", but I truly am going to try my best. Think of all the money I'll save and how great my prosciutto filled arteries will feel (I just ate a prosciutto and fig sandwich...)! I'm blogging about this because it will make me accountable and hopefully easier for me. I will keep you posted on progress!

*So of course you saw the asterisk and was wondering the catch? I will eat out if its a friends birthday dinner or special event we feel strongly about. This might not even happen but just in case.

Since I'm on a roll. I should probably mention I'm going to try really hard not buy anything for myself the month of November (and maybe even December). OK. Done. Thank you for listening to all this...

5 comments:

shanon said...

Good luck! I honestly know that I couldn't achieve this. If YOU do, you'll be my hero. =)

Hayley Egan said...

Ok could give up eating out but NOT buying clothes or drinking wine... I'm just here to tell you that I'm virtually here for you if you fall off the wagon (worst sponser EVER!)

Tiffany said...

i wholeheartedly support you!
eating out is expensive and yes travel eating is bad!
go go kate! you can do it!!

Megan said...

this is gonna make me sound like a lush, but no alcohol?! cray-zay...and I see now you're on a spending freeze...I've never successfully attempted one of those...don't think I have the willpower...but I fully support your eating plans; I've been eating a lot healthier this past month and feel pretty decent!

Hello Lindello said...

Megan- I know right?! I'm completely crazy, but alas I must!
For you see my body will thank me a million times over. It will be hard (and maybe I'll fail), but I gotta try!