...................
Since I'm not eating out for the month Ben and I have been making some awesome meals. Well, at least Ben has :) He's a pretty amazing cook and sometimes I help out. He's been on a vegan cooking streak lately and made creamy butternut squash soup and ravioli. The soup was so rich tasting I would have never thought it was vegan. When I came home last night from salsa lessons* he was in the midst of making homemade butternut squash ravioli (also vegan since we had no eggs). I always thought pasta would be difficult to make, but it wasn't too bad and it was delicious. Ben assigned me the task of making the sauce which was SO EASY and tasty. If you can take away anything from this post, take this sauce recipe. Anyone can do it.
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup:
Ingredients:
2 large butternut squash (12 cups cubed)
3 large organic red potatoes (6 cups cubed)
1 large onion diced
6 cups veggie stock (simmering on stove in LARGE pot)
2 T canola oil
4 T of vegan butter
4 cups of unsweetened soymilk
fresh lemon juice
S & P
1t tarragon
pinch of nutmeg
..................................
Heat oil in a large pot and saute onion on medium until soft
add potatoes and squash, stir cover.
Lower heat and cook until they "sweat" (15 min)
Stir in stock and seasonings, boil
Reduce heat and simmer uncovered till all vegetables are tender
Let it cool half way
Use and immersion blender to blend soup then add soymilk and lemon juice.
Done! Eat with yummy bread
...................................................................
EASY Tomato Sauce:
7 organic tomato's, halved, seeded, and cubed
4 garlic cloves
1.5 T of sugar
1 T of salt
Red pepper flakes (I used about a tablespoon and it was medium)
2 T olive oil
** you can change the amount of everything depending on how much sauce you want to make. This recipe made about 2.5 cups.
Directions:
Throw everything into a blender and blend smooth
Put sauce in in pan and simmer for half an hour. DONE!
................................................
**I got talked into salsa lessons last night by my friend Walter. I was kind of dreading it, but it was actually quite fun!
1 comment:
How do you make pasta with no eggs??
Post a Comment