Monday, January 4, 2010

weekend.

It's hard to believe the holidays are officially over. Ben and I spent New Years at our house with some friends ringing in the new year with games, lots of food, moonlight snow soccer (Argos was the best on the team), and of course champagne. I didn't get a chance to wear my "holiday dress", but that's OK. There's always next year.
...............
The last few days have been freezing up here! Some of our windows are glazed over in ice. I like how it looks like lace and when the sun is setting it looks even prettier.
........
The holidays tend to suck friends back home for a few a days, and I got to spend time with both my friend Kai who lives in NYC and our friend Brett who has been living in Japan the last two years. Kai and I check out the updated Lake Avenue Cafe one afternoon. I got to sport my new blue blazer ($6 at savers!) which is really fun to wear with red lipstick btw. We both ordered the deconstructed fish and chips and it was AMAZING. Duluthians- run don't walk.
...........
On Saturday my friend Amy and I drove down to the cities for the night to celebrate Andrea's bachelorette party! It was a last minute idea, and I am so glad I went. Leslie and Pam even stopped by for a quick visit. It's hard to believe Andi will be getting married in almost 2 weeks!
............................
Well that's pretty much my weekend (besides watching season 4 of the Deadliest Catch). Oh- the pretty felt ball necklace is from my dear friend Laura. She saw that I wanted one and made me one! How sweet is she? I hope you all had a great holiday!

11 comments:

shanon said...

Guess what. We spent New Year's eve on your block! We were down at Josh and Ramona's. =)

The Zeitgeist unfortunately wasn't open on the 1st, when we were looking for a place to dine. But next time we are hitting it up. We heard really good things.

Happy 2010!

Michelle Schraudner said...

These are all so gorgeous! I love the blazer.

Megan said...

you DID just get a blazer of that color! I love it!

littlebyrd said...

Sweet blazer and loving the lacey iced windows ;) Your New Years Eve sounds waaaay more exciting than mine ended up being. Good for you!

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

Ooh, I want to play moonlight snow soccer! The ice on your windows is beautiful. My jalousie windows ice over too, but not in a pretty way. Just in a cold, inefficient way.

Sounds like you had a fun holiday week and a great new years eve! I went to a party that my sister-in-law and her husband threw, and I actually played Rock Band. I was one of those people who made fun of that kind of thing until I had a few beers in me, forgot the sore throat, and found myself belting out Joan Jett (yeah, I was channeling my inner rocker girl).

Lindsay said...

I spy a KILLER BBW dress! Adorable. As is that peacock blazer. Lovely pictures!

Hayley Egan said...

Happy new year. I for one am so glad the holidays are over. Love that blazer X

Maria Rose said...

Great photos! I am glad you had such a nice holiday season.

PS Whenever I wear red lipstick with blue clothes I feel very David Lynch, do you?

Eunice said...

Looks like you had excellent activities during the holidays. I dig the color of the blazer and the necklace!

Nicole Marie said...

how nice of your friend! i love it!

JMay said...

Wow look at that ice, cool picture though.

That Blazer?! LOVE!

Cute blog lady, now following! :-)