Friday, February 5, 2010

oh. happy weekend!

I was waiting for the sun to make an appearance so I could take some fun photo's of the silk scarves I dyed on Wednesday, but I think it has plans elsewhere. Here is just one scarf I dyed in class. I am really happy how it turned out and I am hoping to purchase some supplies of my own so I can make more. I am also hoping to eventually buy some white silk fabric to make a slip dress that can be dyed as well. I will keep you posted!
...................
Do you have any fun plans for this weekend? I am attending my friend Luke's art opening tonight. If your in Duluth you should stop by! Tomorrow I am heading to the cities to visit friends again. I am so excited! I'll be sure to take lots of photos like last time. Here are a few links to check out from around the web:

If it was still Christmas time I would totally buy this dress and wear it with red tights. I still might....

Clouds.

I'm loving this collection.

I never checked out Gilt Men before, but geez, they have some nice stuff. Even for girls who are married to "the outdoorsy" type :)

A giant's bra.

viking mobile

Poetry about food.

dragon needed.

See you all Tuesday when I return! xox

4 comments:

shanon said...

That bra is hilarious! And I so adore that viking mobile. I was sort of expecting something football and cell phone related, so that was a great surprise! haha I should have known better though. ; )

Lindsay said...

I LOVE your scarf! That totally makes me want to take some sort of textile dying class. Beautiful beautiful beautiful!!

anabela / fieldguided said...

Oh wow, that scarf is beautiful!

from lara said...

what a fun scarf! lovely!