Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Calke Abbey

When I came across this jaw dropping post over at Hello Mr. Fox I couldn't resist sharing it.
The estate is called Calke Abbey, which is now looked after by the National Trust after the wealthy family who lived here could no longer afford it. Unfortunately it is quite neglected, but you can see how magical it still is. Just imagine it in it's prime! I would have loved to have been a child growing up in these walls wouldn't you?
You can read more about it here.

5 comments:

littlebyrd said...

omg. This place is so completely amazing! I am in love.

stephanie renee said...

amazing, going to check this out!

jordan said...

i like your blog. funky fresh.
and the etsy shop...delish!

Tiffany said...

you know. that kind of reminds me of my grand fathers old house. it was full of taxidermy of odd sorts, like tortoise, eagles, rats.


ps. things i'm not good at:
high jumps, first impressions and knitting!

evencleveland said...

What a fantastical place.