Wednesday, March 10, 2010

i want to go the bayou.



Ben and I watched this Chris Smith documentary last night and I must say it was rather entertaining. The film follows 5 folks living in rather peculiar homes. His subjects include an alligator wrangler who lives on a houseboat in a Louisiana bayou; an American actress who made her fortune on Japanese TV and then built a treehouse getaway in Hawaii; an inventor who automated his entire home; a family who converted an abandoned missile silo into an underground abode; and a pair of cat-lovers who renovated their house with dozens of feline-friendly features. It's on instant Netflix so I recommend checking it out. BTW- I started to get a soft spot for the alligator wrestler. He's just so like able in my opinion.

3 comments:

Vanessa said...

If I could live in a tree house I think my life would be complete.

Marsi @ The Cottage Cheese said...

I've seen this! Very cool documentary. We're getting into Errol Morris documentaries. We watched "Vernon, Florida" last week, very interesting.

Megan said...

I LOVE this documentary...the cat house is crayzay, right?! those colors and shapes haunt my dreams.......please make sure I never become that kind of person...